Do you have a Feature Film, Short Film or Music Video in the Horror or Fantasy Genre that you want to be shown at the Dead Northern Horror Film Festival?
Submit your Film Via Film Free Way and our Team of Judges will take a look.
Dead Northern Horror Film Festival
More information about submitting your film
Dead Northern - Putting the Festival in Horror Film Festival
We are currently accepting submissions for the Dead Northern horror film festival in the Picture House City Screen York, North Yorkshire, in September 2022.
The deadline for features and shorts is the 30th of June 2022. We are open to short films, feature and documentary, fantasy, thriller, and horror films of all production techniques, forms, and budgets.
We look forward to seeing your submissions -
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the latest news and updates please go to www.deadnorthern.co.uk
The Dead Northern team
Awards & Prizes
- BEST FEATURE
- BEST LOCAL
- BEST SHORT
- BEST STUDENT
- BEST INTERNATIONAL FEATURE
RULES AND TERMS
- Dead Northern is open to short films, television series, feature and documentary in the fantasy, thriller and horror genres. All production techniques, forms & budgets are accepted.
- We only accept online screeners
- We ask that all accepted submissions provide a DVD or Blu-ray submissions that are signed by at least the director. Submissions will be entered as part of our charity raffle prize. As a result, all submissions are non-returnable.
- Please note. Short film means short. Ideally around the 15-minute mark.
- The primary contact completing the submission process must be authorised to submit the film for consideration.
- Films submitted must have permission from a distributor or sales agent representing the film, and the applicant must have obtained necessary clearances for the inclusion of any copyrighted music and images used. With this submission, the applicant confirms that they possess all rights necessary for the screening of the submitted film.
- Films previously submitted to Dead Northern will not be considered.
- Dead Northern only accepts submissions via FilmFreeway.
Dead Northern guarantees that your film will never be used in any way other than that to which you agree.
- There is a submission fee to enter your film. All submissions are final, and there are no refunds.
- You may enter as many films as you wish. Each entry requires a separate submission form, fee, and upload.
For all enquiries, please contact email@example.com
FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILMS
- If the original language of any dialogue or text featured in the film is not English, the preview and screening copy must be subtitled in English, unless this is at variance with the filmmaker’s intention.
- All programming selections are at the discretion of the Dead Northern Directors, whose decision is final.
- Dead Northern will not provide comments on films before submission, nor reasons for rejection of a submitted film, however, we are happy to provide informal feedback on individual films after the festival has taken place. Note that this is a non-binding commitment.
- Dead Northern will not confirm the receipt of submissions and preview copies.
- All applicants will be notified via e-mail about the selection or rejection of their film.
- Films in our programme may screen twice. Films may be screened privately to the jury or accredited guests.
- Films may also be included in other public programmes, subject to the submitter’s permission.
- There are no fees for participating in the festival. Participants are not entitled to claim rental or other fees for the screenings of their films at the festival.
- If selected for the festival, the submitter authorises Dead Northern to file their film in the festival archive, where it may be made available for further screenings or events promoted by the festival itself, solely for cultural and not for commercial purposes.
- In addition to the reproduction of stills from selected films for all Dead Northern publications and press, selected films may also be screened as part of preview screenings to promote Dead Northern.
- If possible please supply digital and printed copies of any marketing material. For printed marketing material we ask that this is signed by at least the director. These are non-returnable and will be used as prizes in our charity raffle.
- At the point of payment on your submission, you will be asked if you have read and agreed with the festival’s regulations. By agreeing to proceed with your submission, you agree to these regulations, and your application can then be processed. The entry of a film is binding and implies the acceptance of these regulations. In the event of disagreement concerning the interpretation of the regulations, the interpretation of the festival will take precedence. Failure to comply with these regulations may result in the submission being disqualified. These regulations are subject to change without prior notice.
DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS FOR SELECTED FILMS
- Full delivery instructions will be provided on notification of selection.